Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Home Remedies for a Burn

There must be a reason I went through this tonight. It could be to  make me I realize I haven't posted about home remedies for a burn yet.  I thought I was being Super Woman by wild crafting chokecherry and elderberry syrups tonight.  Really, I was just being Super Messy Woman. I picked up my on-the-stove-juicer and dropped the bottom part that holds boiling water all over my foot.  My left foot and little toe got the brunt of it, because I couldn't get my sock off fast enough.  Again, you have to use your best judgement. See a doctor if need be, and don't sue me if things go south.  I'm not an MD, just a mommy bear.

What I did
Cool water for 10-15 minutes (5 if a small superficial burn). Mine was the whole top of my left foot, especially the little piggy that goes wee wee wee all the way home.
Frankincense essential oil (I told you I use it in emergencies)
Raw Honey -Yes, raw honey.  I read this article in the New York Times. Here's the Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/health/19real.html?_r=0)
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Coconut Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil-This was the kicker! I haven't used peppermint very often before, but boy, it sure took the pain away and quick. I was very relieved. It still feels nice.
And for extra credit: Some aloe gel fresh from my plant.

I then put gauze over the whole sticky mess (It smelled so good I almost wanted to lick my toes,...almost I said....I didn't lick my toes.) and wrapped it with an ace bandage, because I want all this to stay on overnight.  Shockingly, it doesn't hurt thanks to the peppermint oil thus inspiring to make a special post.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment